Eligibility: Untenured assistant or associate professor; tenured assistant or associate professor having received tenure no more than three years prior to summer of 2015. Must hold field-appropriate terminal degree at the time of application. Faculty with 12-month appointments are not eligible. Past recipients of an IPFW or PRF summer grant are not eligible.
Otherwise eligible faculty with summer salary funding in place via external grants cannot apply. If external summer salary is received after receipt of a summer grant, the summer grant will be rescinded.
Ineligible Activities: grants-in-aid, teaching, curriculum or laboratory development will not be accepted.
Grant Period and Amount: The grant period is 40 consecutive working days (eight weeks) between the end of the spring semester and the beginning of the fall semester. Teaching is NOT permitted during the period of the grant.
Grant amount is $8,000.00 paid as a taxable stipend, but without fringe benefits.
- Documentation of the scholarly significance of the project
- Clarity of objectives and methods
- Clarity of activity to be accomplished during the grant period
- Relationship of the project to the applicant’s discipline
- The Professional Development Subcommittee (PDS) of the Faculty Senate will review, rank, and recommend awards to the VCAA
- Award process will be completed by the end of the fall semester
Application Format/RequirementsPrepare your application (including the cover page) as one .pdf document with the following sections:
- One page project abstract
- Narrative of no more than six pages, double spaced, minimum 10-point type
- Two page curriculum vita (not included in the six pages)
- References cited
- Statement of the problem
- Significance of the problem
- Plan of research
- Potential for external funding (be as specific as possible)
- Impact on your professional development