Eligibility: Untenured assistant or associate faculty; tenured assistant or associate faculty having received tenure no more than three years prior to summer of 2014. Applicant may not be pursuing a field-appropriate terminal degree. Faculty with 12-month appointments are not eligible.
Interested applicants may not have received more than one each IPFW and/or PRF summer grant.
Priority will be given to first-time applicants.
If an otherwise qualified faculty member has summer salary funding in place via external grants, the faculty member is not eligible for this program. If a faculty member is awarded a summer grant but secures external summer salary funding prior to the summer grant period,the summer grant will be rescinded.
Activity: Applications for grants-in-aid, teaching, curriculum or laboratory development will not be accepted.
Grant period: The grant period is 40 consecutive days between the end of the spring semester and the beginning of the fall semester. Teaching is NOT permitted during the period of the grant.
Amount: These grants pay $8,000.00 as a taxable stipend without fringe benefits.
- Documentation of the scholarly significance of the project
- Clarity of objectives and methods
- Clarity of activity to be accomplished during the summer funding period
- Relationship of the project to the applicant’s program of scholarship
- Proposals will be reviewed, ranked, and forwarded to the VCAA for final action by the Professional Development Subcommittee
- Award process will be completed by the end of the Fall semester
Application Requirements: Prepare your application (minus the cover page which will be automatically generated) as one .pdf document with the following sections:
- One page project abstract
- Maximum six page proposal narrative (double spaced, minimum 10-pt. type)
- Two page curriculum vita
- References cited
- Statement of the problem
- Significance of the problem
- Plan of research
- Potential for external funding (be as specific as possible)
- Impact on your professional development